Friday 9 December 2011

Music Video Production

Music Video: Amarachi-Main Girl.
I have been given a brief is to make a music video that fits a specific criteria sheet by the company 99dollars.com. The main aspect that I must follow and achieve are as followed; I must get permission from the artist stating that I am aloud to use their song that I have chosen, I must complete the filming within 24 hours and then complete the editing in another 24hours. Also the music video must have a collaboration with the filmmaker who is me and the artist who is Amarachi(my chosen artist).So I would be concentrating on working closely with the artist himself, making him be the artist in my music video that I will be making. I have spoken to Amarachi the artist about his song 'Main Girl' which was written by him and produced by his friend. Underneath is the song I have chosen. I chose this song because I genually like the lyrics and the beat.



Why I particularly chose this song
The main reason why I chose the song 'Main Girl' written by Amarachi and produced by TeeKid was because I felt the lyrics contained lots of phrases like 'I'm writing out a love note', that could help me for fill my imagination. The lyrics can help me use my knowledge of the different styles and conventions when filming the video. For example the phrase I mentioned earlier 'writing out a love note' can be used in the convention of interpretation, I can make the viewer see Amarachi writting out the love note whilst singing the lyrics. Once listening to the song and understanding the lyrics I decided that the overall concept of my music video will be narrative, this allows me to give a clear story making the video more interesting and engaging. After listening to the song I came up with a storyline that the artist 'Amarachi' is singing this song about his girlfriend(main girl) and talks about how much she likes the certain things he does for instance that he makes her smile. Futhermore although he has this healthy relationship, he is cheating on his girlfriend with many other girls, however, he doesn't want to cheat; this will help me use a wide range of shots when showing his emotions. My main idea is to make the video a narrative video, so before the lyrics come in I want there to be a scene of the artist Amarchi having an argument then you see everthing rewind as if they have not ha an argument then through the video you will see Amarachi cheating on his girlfriend then the scene you saw at the beginning will be played again but with added words which will help the viewer understand why they argued and at the end instead of rewinding she finally leaves him. 

The other reason I chose this song is because the beat of the song has a clear rhythmic pattern which allows me to do clean cuts on the beat making the video flow more and flow in with each other(the music and cuts). By having a clear beat that I can understand can help me be more creative when editing for example at the beginning of the song there is a clear beat with every four counts this can help me use conventions like stop animation. The clear beat has also given me an idea of using dance, the idea is one of the girls he is seeing is a dancer and by me getting her to dance on the beat will emphasis the beat. It would also help me be able to have lots of different shot types.
Copyright Free Music.
Amarachi's Facebook Page
The song I have chosen is from an unsigned artist who has been brought up from East London and is currently 16 years old; so his music reaches out to the younger generation. His song I have chosen is clear that it reflects on is girlfriend who is his main girl. The artist I have chosen is called Marco and his music name is Amarachi. I listened to his song on a social networking site called facebook. The artist has his on fan page where he upates his on songs and lets his friens and family who support him listen to his music. I looked through most of his song and the song 'Main Girl' stood out because the clear beat and the lyrics were not to fast, so when lip synching it would not be obvious.
Seeking Permission.


The criteria stated that I needed to get permission from the artist I have chosen to use their song as my music video soundtrack. So I needed to get in contact with artist asking them for permission to use their song.I then found Amarachi's personal facebook and messaged him asking him for the permission I needed, I also went through that the video I will be making will be pulished on youtube but is not to promote myself in any kind of way. I had to go through the rules with the artist that have been put in place by 99Dollors.com these were that everything has to be recorded by me the filmaker and all the idea's must be mine aswell. The image towards the left shows that I have messaged my artist seeking permission to use his song and he has replied with confirmation saying that I am aloud to.

I have also messaged the protentional dancers I want in my music video asking them if they would be apart of my video.The screen grab towards the left also shows their confirmation. 
Planning Of Music Video.
The styles and conventions I would like to contain in my music video woul be as followed:
- Stop Animation, which can tie in with the lyrics and the beat as mentioned earlier. I would alo like to use the stop animation when your hear the lyrics 'She's my main girl' which could use the affect stop animation like seen in the music video 'Just The Way You Are' by Bruno Mars.
- The main convention of my music video is that I want it to a have clear story/meaning which is why my main focus is to make my music video a narrative video for example like the song 'Your Side Of The Bed' by Trey Songs.
- There will also be some elements of the convention style interpretive, I will try use this style on simple lyrics like the "love note" phrase and I will also make the dancers dance more lyrical. 
- I also want there to be video clips within the music video of flash backs when they was in a happy relationship. I would like this affect to be in black and white making it seem more real.



No comments:

Post a Comment