Tuesday 6 March 2012

Production Log- Week 5

Week 5 was the half term week, this week was mine and Alysia's main time to film most of what we needed. We had set ourselves Sunday,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday to do all filming. We managed to film mostly everything apart from the main argument because of the cast members changing. In the half term me and Alysia managed to film the cafe scenes between Brandon(Amarachi) and India(The Cheater), we also filmed the seductive scenes between Brandon and Nicole(The Cheater). So mine and Alysia's main aspect was to film as much as possible in the half term and we did not do any editing due to not having the imac's.
What have you contributed this week?
This week I contributed to making sure everything was ready for filming because I was production manager it was my job to make sure we had all props so I made sure that I printed of the Photoshopped picture of Alysia and Marco. I also had to make sure that all cast members got to the set locations without any trouble and got there on time. Besides doing all this my main role was to make sure we got all shots done seeing as I done most of the filming because Alysia was in the music video herself. 
When filming I made sure I took on what my teacher said about get lots of movement when filming and lots of different shot types. When filming I done lots of different angle shots on the same scene for example all the scenes of Alysia I shot the scene with high angles, low angles, close ups, straight on and so on I also used the technique shown with using movement through paneling, tilting etc.
 How does this fit in with the production schedule/job roles?
This fitted in really well with the schedule because by getting nearly all the scenes filmed it would give Alysia and I more time to edit when we did get back to school. It also helped because it didn't make us fall behind, so we constantly had something to be doing later on in the week.
Were there any problems?
Overall we had many problems over our filming period because at first we had been given a camera that did not work properly. When me and Alysia started to film we realized that we could not open the flip part of the camera when filming which meant I had to always look through the lens to see what I was filming. This made it incredibly hard when filming inside because the light contrast was very dark so I could not see what I was filming. This lead to some of the shots coming out very blurry.

Changing cast members.
We also had a problem with casting, the main character 'Marco' who is the writer of the song we are using kept on cancelling dates. It was three days into the half term and we had not filmed any scenes of Marco and Alysia because Marco kept saying other plans, so I resolved this by getting a close friend of mine who looks like Marco to play him. So we got my friend Brandon and because it was so in to the half term already we did not get to film everything but done well with the time we had to film certain stuff.
We also faced another problem this problem was that our tap had ran out towards the end of the half term and we could not do no more filming, so we decided to use my camera as back up and start recording what was left on my camera. This worked out well because at least if it did not connect we would know to just re-film it which would not have taken as long as what it would have done.
What are your plans for the following week?
Our plans for the following week is to upload all footage we have done so far and try get all of the filming we have done edited so we can go and film the argument which we then can put all the footage together.

No comments:

Post a Comment