Sunday 29 January 2012

Job Roles & Responsibilties

Job Roles & Responsibilies 
For the course of the music video filming me and my partner Alysia have allocated specific jobs for each of us Theses job roles are: Camera Operator, Editor, Director, Production manager and Make-up Artist.
Alysia
The main roles that Alysia will undertake will be the Camera Operator and editor. We have allocated with these job roles because they suit her more rather than me because she understands the camera more than me and has had more experience with editing software than I have.

We have chosen Alysia to be the Editor mainly because she knows and understands the software much more than I do and because she has done media before she
knows what to do and how to stick to the overall plan. She is very reliable and will make the music video flow and make sure it has clear cuts which will overall go with the beat. She was also chosen as Camera Operator because she has also worked with the cameras we will be using, which leads onto her having the technical knowledge of how they work. She is also well experienced with knowing the camera language and what will look good. She will also be cast in the video, allowing me to take over filming when she is in the shots.
Pre-Production: Alysia is the editor and Camera Operator so for the pre-production Alysia will make sure we have the camera and it is working properly and it is not faulty. She will also make sure for the pre-production that she checks the editing software we will be using making sure she understand how it works which hopefully make our music video the best it can be.
Production: Throughout the production Alysia will either be filming the scenes or making sure I understand how to use the camera when I am filming her scenes. She will also be making sure that all of our work gets uploaded onto the editing software before the deadline for filming.
Post-Production: Alysia will make sure that the media department get their cameras back and in good condition.  
___________________________________________________________________


Morgan
My main job roles will be; main director and production manager. These job roles have been specifically chosen for me because I have a clear vision of what I want done and I am good with making sure things get done and get done up to high expectations.

We have decided to make me the Director as the main idea was my idea to begin with, so I will know exactly what I want. I am also very bossy and have clear visions of how I want the music video to look which leads to me making sure everything is perfect. I know specifically how I want it to look, what goes where and who is in which part and what they are doing. I am also use to being the leader of projects and I believe I will not settle for okay, I will always make sure my work looks good technically and creatively. I have a high demand of getting things done so I will be making sure everything is done. 
I am also very committed to my work making sure I always turn up on time with all the equipment and having clear knowledge of shots I would like to portray that day. I will also be the Production Manager, meaning that I will be in charge of the budget and the production scheduling, making sure everyone we need for the shots is covered and with us. I will also be in charge of making sure people are wearing the correct costumes and making sure the make-up is done to my satisfaction. We feel this was a good decision to make me the production manager, once again because I know how I want the actors/actresses to look and dress, as well as knowing what is in the budget and what we are going to need to spend on what during the production.
As we will need make up and costume put on the cast, we have allocated this job role to me mainly being because I know what I want my cast members to look like and also Alysia will be one of the cast members I will be styling.
Pre-Production: For the pre-production as director I will make sure all of my concepts I want to cover are written down before the actual filming also as Director it is up to me to make sure venues are allowed to be used. As the production manager I will make sure I have all props before the filming date and it is also my responsibility that the cast members know when they are needed.  
Production: During production I will make sure that as director that all the shots have been done and that we have covered everything we need to do that day. I also have the job of making sure during the production period that my cast are okay and are turning up to meeting points on time and know what they are doing beforehand making the day run more smoothly. I will also be in charge of budget so during the production period if any of my cast members are cold I will need to make sure I provide them with warm refreshments but staying within the budget.
Post-Production: Once the filming has all been done it is my job to make sure when the filming work is all uploaded that I look to make sure everything has been filmed before the deadline, so if we need we can film the extra bits. It will also be my responsibility to give back all the props we borrowed and making sure they are still in the same condition to when we got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment