Sunday 15 January 2012

Production Log- Week 1

Weekly Blogger Update 
Seeing as This week was mainly about the planning and choosing who we wanted to work with we did not have much to do. So this week I decided who I wanted to work with which was Alysia. So I chose to work with Alysia because we had the same idea's and I felt if I Worked with her we could combine each others idea's making our overall music video much stronger.
We both had the same idea of relationships that do not work and because my presentation was much stronger we decided to use my overall idea concept but added in some aspects from Alysia's idea. These were to add at the end the boyfriend calling the girlfriend and seeing her not answer the phone; this is to show the girlfriend has moved on and she can not be bothered to be with her boyfriend any more.
Seeing as this is only week one I have not contributed alot because it was all about picking partners and watching the rest of the pitches. So my main role over the week one time period was to watch pupils pitches and give positive and negative feedback on their presentation skills, overall idea and give feedback on the idea, i.e was the idea affective, will it work. 

By me working with Alysia fits into the production because we are both very creative and we both came to an agreement that we would make Alysia one of the cast members being the girlfriend who gets cheated on.


Once me and Alysia decided to work together we set certain roles and responsibility  for each other, these were; that we would use my song but incorporate both idea's. We also decided that I will be the director(making sure the shots and the overall filming is done to high standards, I will also do most of the filming because Alysia will be playing one of the roles in the video, we also decided Alysia will assist in filming and will be the main editor. We mainly decided to give these specific roles to each other because Alysia has very good experience in editing and understand how to use imovie, which is the software we will be using. The main reason we made me the main director is because I selected where we should film, what we should film and also how we will film it making is suitable to make me director because I know how I want the end product to look.

Our overall idea's for our music video is to make it narrative and go with my concept of the cheating, this was that the boyfriend would be cheating on his girlfriend with main other girls because the lyrics 'main girl' see to make the listener feel like the artist is saying although he is cheating, his girlfriend is the 'main girl'.


We also included Alysia's idea's which were; at the end you see the boyfriend calling his girlfriend and she busy's it which shows the audience she is finished with him. We didn't need to chose location because we both wanted to film in a park, bedroom and resturant so we decided to film at Thames Barrier Park, my bedroom and either the cafe in the park or a resturant.
There was no problems with deciding who's idea's to use because we are incorporating both idea's the only thing that could be an issue in future reference is that me an Alysia have not worked together. We overcame this issue by exchanging numbers and consantly talking to eachother making us understand how each other work.
Our Plans for next week would be to upload our video blog which is just a short video of us talking about why we decided to work with each other and our idea's. We will also have our permission for all locations by then and should have gone to the locations to make sure it is suitable for filming, making sure there is not to many people ect.
Overall as a group I don't think we will face any main challanges only that we haven't worked together before which I brought up already.

No comments:

Post a Comment